Please help , sometimes my MacBook Air doesn't turn on.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by alexfc, Jun 26, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi , I have a Late 2010 MBA , and sometimes it just doesn't turn on. I shut it down , then , sometimes , in the next day , it just doesn't turn on. It have already happened 3 times. I shut the MBA down , then in the next day , it doesn't turn on. I took it to Apple Store twice , and when I took there , it would just turn on. Last time it happened , I connected the charger and waited about 20 minutes , and then , tried to turn on , and it worked. Whenever I turn it off , I've never let the battery down to 50% , always let it about 60%-70% , so it has nothing to do with the MBA being out of battery. Please help me , what's going on???

2. macrumors regular

luisito

If shutting it down is the problem.. then.. stop shutting it down. Lol. Not many people I know shut off their MBA, as a matter of fact, none of my friends shut their MBAs off, none of my family do.

Simply put it to sleep, perhaps that will work.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yaeh , I do think this would have never happened If I put it to sleep. But why?? Why shutting it down is causing such a problem??

4. macrumors 65816

HiDEF

Have you tried reinstalling OS X? I'm not familiar with your situation but sometimes a clean install works.

5. macrumors regular

luisito

Perhaps too much garbage on your computer? With time, things pile up.

6. macrumors 65816

HiDEF

If you haven't tried a clean install, you probably should.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much guys. I think I'll just put MBA in Sleep Mode for now , and Restart once a week. Then , when Apple release Mavericks , I'll do a clean install :D.