...please help!!! (streaming/sharing iTunes library)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sdcacevedo, Jan 28, 2006.

1. sdcacevedo macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2006
    My issue is that I want to stream/share my itunes library with my other computers but I also want itunes to keep track of the song’s info such as changes in rating, play counts and last played info. I realize that I can just simply enable sharing in the itunes preferences and my music will show up in my other computers in my network, but I have so much music and playlists, and most are smart playlists that rely on such information. Songs only get updated when playing on the main computer or ipod (not sharing). I need to find out someway if possible to share/stream my music from my pc to my powerbook while at the same time itunes applies the changes to the songs that I listen to.
  2. Bedawyn macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    No solution from me, I'm afraid, but another plea hoping someone else has a solution. I want to be able to either (1) keep listening to User 1's currently playing playlist while switching to User 2 on the same computer or (2) while logged in as User 2, listen to User 1's shared playlist AND have it update the playcounts and last-played dates. Either would serve my purposes, but neither seems to work in Tiger with iTunes 6 (although I could have sworn the first used to work).