Please Help Urgent!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by queshy, Jan 18, 2007.

1. queshy macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2005

I got my 24" iMac today...I did something ( i dont know what) now the toolbar up top (finder) keeps flashing and disappearing...and every time I open something it says it has to close and it clsoes i.t I tried turning off the mahcine and the same thing happens. What do I do!?!?! I'm panicking here!
    The problem report Im getting says this: Codes: KERN_PROTECTION)FAILURE
  2. igucl macrumors 6502a

Oct 11, 2003
    Well, since you just got it today, it wouldn't be too bad to restore it to factory conditions and start over. That's what I think I would do.
  3. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2005
    How do I do that? It was working PERFECTLY fine I think it was an application or something I tried to install...every time I hold hte power button down to restart it, the toolbar (it says FINDER) keeps appearing and disappearing repeatedly...and in the dock a little arrow under it keeps flashing
  4. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
  5. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

Feb 8, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Call Apple. You might have some bad hardware.

Also, your thread title gives no indication to what type of help you are seeking.

Maybe instead of titling the thread, "Please Help Urgent!," you could try "New iMac crashing."
  6. derboy macrumors regular

Feb 25, 2004
    start it using the dvd you got with it. then you can do a clean install.

much less hassle than getting a replacement, when its prob just a bug in a bit of software
  7. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2005
    sorry for the title...I was just in a HUGE panic because its brand new and I think I broke it lol. I Called apple, she eventually told me to reinstall the OS...doing that now...she says it will work! I hope so! I dont think its a hardware problem i was playing with it all day with no problems at all until I ddi sometihng (nto sure what) though.