Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mileslong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Newport Beach, CA
hey guys,

i am finishing up an ad for my mortgage company. i am putting this logo on my ads but i would like to add like a three dimensional feel or drop shadow to the white box that the actual logo sits in. im not crazy about the logo but for the time being its all i have.

i guess i want the white box to look like its floating and creating a shadow instead of sitting flatly on the photo ad itself. i have photoshop and graphic converter. do any of you graphics genius' know how i might be able to achieve this effect?

Attachments

• platinumlogo11.jpg
    platinumlogo11.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 61

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
Here it is in as few words as possible.

select the shape you want to make the drop shadow from with the wand tool. create a new layer under the logo layer. feather your selection a pixel or two. fill with a dark grey on the lower layer. offset the layer and adjust the transparancy to suit.

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 46

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
Either that or ctrl+click on image <open with < drop shadow frame, then you can make adjustments from there.

This is assuming you have photoshop CS with the default sample droplets installed.

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 64
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.