Please help with Logo

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mileslong, Jan 26, 2006.

1. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

hey guys,

i am finishing up an ad for my mortgage company. i am putting this logo on my ads but i would like to add like a three dimensional feel or drop shadow to the white box that the actual logo sits in. im not crazy about the logo but for the time being its all i have.

i guess i want the white box to look like its floating and creating a shadow instead of sitting flatly on the photo ad itself. i have photoshop and graphic converter. do any of you graphics genius' know how i might be able to achieve this effect?

Attached Files:

2. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Here it is in as few words as possible.

select the shape you want to make the drop shadow from with the wand tool. create a new layer under the logo layer. feather your selection a pixel or two. fill with a dark grey on the lower layer. offset the layer and adjust the transparancy to suit.

Attached Files:

3. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Either that or ctrl+click on image <open with < drop shadow frame, then you can make adjustments from there.

This is assuming you have photoshop CS with the default sample droplets installed.

Attached Files:

4. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

wow, those look great. im going to try out these techniques when i get home tonight. you guys are great thanks!