Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
I have two questions.

1. Is my ipod suppose to reboot, (apple logo comes on), every time I plug/unplug the cable to sync? It reboots and I have to wait for it to come back on. I do not remember this from an earlier ipod I owned a while back.

2. I have an imac and an ibook. I want to be able to sync the ipod with both. Is this possible? When I plug it into the ibook, (after syncing with my imac), it does not give me an option to combine/sync with what is on the ipod's hard drive. It asks if I want to replace the library with my ibooks itunes library. I have downloaded some music from itunes music store and I have the songs on my imac. However, I want to sync the ipod with my ibook so both of my music libraries will be up to date.

unc32

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
yes, it should reboot everytime you plug in the cable.

You cannot sync to more than one computer. Just turn off the automatic sync on one of your two machines. Use one computer as a master and sync to that. I believe that is in the preferences or options on the bottom right of the itunes window when you plug in the ipod

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Ahhh! That stinks, but I can understand why they do it. Thanks for the quick reply.

ratspg

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
whoooa sweet, that is such a nice iPod!! same color i'd probably go for.... hehe $229 tomorrow, hopefully, i guess i shooooould go for it? :) thanks

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
The size is great!! Much better in person. It feels very well built. I was afraid it would feel cheap because it is so light. However, I am very, very impressed. I am kind of wondering if I should have ordered a different color?! I am anxious to see some pics of the different colors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.