Please help with these odd problems...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Harry K., Feb 15, 2005.

1. Harry K. macrumors member

Just two problems. First of all, my iPod won't sound the alarm. It's a photo 60 and it has sounded the alarm since late December every morning but has suddenly stopped. It is hooked up correctly to a powered set of speakers and the time set is right. Also, the music plays fine when it's not starting because of the alarm. The machine doesn't even wake up at the time the alarm is set for. What should I do?

The second prob, probably a simple one... the free 60-day trial iDisk won't come off my computer. The trial is up and the thing just won't eject. No idea what to do.

2. Logik macrumors 6502a

I cannot comment on the ipod problem.. i don't use the alarms..

but to fix the iDisk thing.. goto Apple Menu, System Preferences, click .Mac, and change the settings in there

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Call Apple support - you're entitled to it.

Not to be an idiot, but the clock isn't set to 12hr time and the alarm is off by 12 hours, right? And you've tried resetting the sound (i.e., re-selecting the song for the alarm) to fix any issues that might have been caused by a bad sync?

4. Harry K. thread starter macrumors member

No can do on the .Mac prefs.

I can't access prefs because it says I don't have a name and account on .Mac! There's nothing.

5. Logik macrumors 6502a

remove the username and password.. logout and then log back in.. that SHOULD fix the issue.

6. Harry K. thread starter macrumors member