Please Help with updating iPhoto!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheMac19, Oct 30, 2004.

1. TheMac19 macrumors regular

May 13, 2004
    My girlfriend purchased a Appl Refurb iBook in August and just recently I noticed that her iPhoto is version 2! System update brings up nothing, and I can't find how to update her to iPhoto 4. If she runs the "search for updates" in iPhoto it just shoots her to the Apple page on how to buy iLife 04. Surely she doesn't have to buy it - I mean she bought the computer from Apple two months ago! I found the iPhoto 4.0.3 update download, but you need to be running iPhoto 4 to use that.

how can she get iPhoto 4????
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    I don't *think* you can upgrade it, it's part of iLife now, so you have to buy iLife to get the latest version.
  3. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    If she bought her computer two months ago it should come with iLife '04, even if it is a refurb. Your best bet is to check all the disks that came with her iBook, if there is no seperate iLife CD try doing a reinstall and hopefully you will have all the latest software then. A bit annoying I know but you might as well get it right the first time. If it's still not showing definitely get on the phone to Apple.

Have you got iMovie 4 installed or Garageband?