please help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trout74, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Trout74 macrumors 6502

I have a one week old mIni that i LOVE.

I have a 6 month old Ipod MIni that I also Love.

Last night I downloaded 10 new CDs to my mini and transfered the songs to my iPod. Today I added two more CD's to my idtunes and whe nI plug in my mini it doenst transfer t he songs outomatically. I go into the preferences in iTunes and it says "No Ipod connected" but my ipod IS connected and the iPod says its charging, ut it wont import anymore songs and wont do anything??

Pleae help, I am VERY dissapointed, as a new switcher to have these problems, very unexpected!

trout

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Open a finder window with your iPod plugged in. If you see the iPod in the left hand column, then eject it (there'll be an eject icon next to it). Then go back to iTunes and see if it says an iPod is connected. Sounds screwy, I know, but I think your iPod is getting mounted as a disk. When that happens, iTunes doesn't see it.

3. Trout74 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did what you said and it is not in the left hand column hmm.

I have shutdown and restarted two times and disconnectd the ipod and reconnected a hundred times and NOTHING.

Very frustrating......................guess I will have to go the apple store tomorrow and drop off my hardware and say "fix it or you get it back and you give me all my money back, or I get loud and obnoxious and make a huge scene."
    I have no choice, very upset right now, extremely negative I have an Apple computer, and an Apple Ipod and apple connectors and after one week I have issues???? Not good, second thoughts......you bet!

trout

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Meh, good luck with that.

5. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Please when posting, be descriptive with your title, don't just put Please Help. Put something like - iPod mini doesn't connect - or something like that. By the way, have you tried seeing if your USB Port works? The port may have went bad, or it just needs to be refound. Try clearing your PRAM... its... .... google it.

EDIT: I think its something like Command + Option + P + R start your computer, let it restart 3 times (holding down those keys will restart it) and there you go. If that doesn't work, download TechTool Lite. And ZAP your PRAM that way.

6. Trout74 thread starter macrumors 6502

well I dont know what else to do? I have all the same brand hardware and it is not working, and it just stopped suddenly, very interesting........

Consider my frustration, I have spent over $1000 and my Ipod will not sync with my iTunes.......not acceptable.

trout

7. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear about this and sorry no one has been able to solve it. I think the previous poster was simply referring to your proposal of making threats. Definitely bring it back to the store and have the genius take a took at it. Since both things are so small, it won't be too much to bring along. They should be able to test out and find where the problem is.

8. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

9. Trout74 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just rebooted and usedthe hardware test CD and everything "passed"

so I guess IM packing it up and taking it in
    :(

trout