Please Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PNguyen, Oct 16, 2006.

1. PNguyen macrumors newbie

Oct 16, 2006
    Please Help!!!!

I just bought an iMac 24" and tried to install Bootcamp. I followed the instruction all the way to Window setup, then it restarted by itself and went to a white screen at start up and it's just stuck there, the window XP CD is still stuck in the CD slot.I can't turn the computer off or do anything to it. Please, somebody help me with this problem.
  2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    Please make a more descriptive thread title!!!!!

Try reading through the myriad Bootcamp threads to see if anything helps.

Edit: OK, I've calmed down. Robbieduncan is most likely right on target. Listen to him, not me. :)
  3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    Is your Windows CD a SP2 one? If not it won't work.

Reboot your Mac holding down the mouse button to force the CD to eject.

Then reboot holding down the option key and choose OSX.
  4. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    i'm not sure whether this will make things worse or not, but you can most assuredly shut the computer off by unplugging it. i assume you have attempted to hold down the power button for 5 seconds and it's not responding, so just unplug it.
  5. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Hold down the power button until the computer turns off.
    Restart and hold down the mouse button (left click if multi-buttoned) until the CD ejects.

EDIT: Bah.. neveropen threads in tabs. :)
  6. PNguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 16, 2006
    I haven't had a chance to try and hold down the mouse button yet, but I had to unplug it to turn it off. I'll try it tonight when I get home. Thank you so much.

7. PNguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 16, 2006
    Yes, it's a SP2 CD. I'll try that and let you know. Thanks

8. PNguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 16, 2006
    I was able to get my CD out. But then I restarted the computer (by unplugging it) and hold the option key as you said, but it didn't do anything, it just goes into a blank white screen.