Please need help on games

Discussion in 'Games' started by BKKloppenborg, Jul 1, 2006.

?

What to do?

1. More ram will help but keep Macbook Pro

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Get a G5 desktop and Macbook

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Other suggestions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

Well i got new Macbook Pro and LOVE it, but i found out it dosn't play Unreal 2004, Warcraft 3, America's Amy very well. Its because of the damn emulator. Slows games down ALOT unless they are Universal. Doom 3, and Quake 4, COD 2 are and i got good gameplay. But these games i don't care about. I just want Unreal 2004 (9-12 Fps) Warcraft 3, America's Army, and stacraft to play and they don't, my G4 played them better. Suggestings? Max out ram? Will that make a difference from 1 GB? Or should i just buy and return this computer 2,323 dollars for a Nice G5 desktop and buy a Macbook?

2. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

I like the MacBook Pro, but more RAM really wouldn't help. I would get a G5 desktop for your gaming, and use the MacBook for everything else. Assuming that you can get both the MacBook and G5 desktop (iMac?) for the same price as your MacBook Pro, or pretty close.

3. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

How much ram do you have now...?

EDIT: I'm dumb. You said 1 GB in your original post. Sweet.

Anyway, more ram will help, but it still won't play non-universal games even close to as well as a G5 (either a PowerMac or an iMac) would...

4. BKKloppenborg thread starter macrumors regular

lol its ok i am like that ALOT. I forgot to say my friend is Giving me his Old P4 Desktop 3.06 GHZ 1GB ram, and 256MB Video card do you think that will work or

Second choice is

AMD 64Bit 4000+ Newer Graphics card mabye to 512MB at least 256, 1Gb ram?

Mother board i have now can expand to 4000+ or 4400+ dual core

I love my Mac alot lol.

5. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

What about using bootcamp, and get Windows games? Or is that out of the question?

6. BKKloppenborg thread starter macrumors regular

Eh, not sure yet. MAYBE i just Windows and Viruses/Spyware.. But its possible i will do that but how does it work? I install windows get Windows games and it dosn't use a emulator or does it? How well will it run? And how do i set it up?

7. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

bootcamp makes your computer a PC. search the forums for answers about bootcamp. a lot of ppl play their games that way.

8. BKKloppenborg thread starter macrumors regular

It was funney i was about to install boostcamp and then my hand all of a sudden wanted to push continue but the other hand started to hold the other one back... Must Be one of my hands be windows hand, and the rest of my Body Mac. lol I still need to install it but haven't yet.