Please!!! Need iTunes Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluesman87, Sep 12, 2006.

1. bluesman87 macrumors member

Last night I was trying to import an album and it locked up my iTunes 6 and every time I tried to open it my Powerbook G4 would freeze and I would have to force start with the power button. I updated today thinking that possibly the iTunes 7 update might fix this and for the most part it did. but not that I just updated to the new quicktime as well, a bunch of my songs and vids are missing. I have like 11,000 songs, and iTunes is only showing like 8,000 of them. Same thing is happening with my videos. It seems like I still have all my music in my library folder, but how do I get all of them back into iTunes? Please help as I am pretty upset about this and Apple support is real busy right now. Thanks,

Rob

2. Verschoren macrumors regular

Verschoren

podcasts don;'t appear in the library anymore, same for movies and audiobooks

so.. If you count all the files in the sections music, movies, podcasts,audiobooks in your library, it should normally equal the prior number of songs in your "old" library..

3. bluesman87 thread starter macrumors member

it doesnt though, most of my vids and music are missing from the application itself, but if I go into my library folder all of the artists folders with the albums and songs are there, but they are not in iTunes, only about 3/4. Does that make sense?

4. Verschoren macrumors regular

Verschoren

just add the itunes music folder to your library again.

it will (normally) skip the songs already added and will just add the missing songs/movies again