Please pray for/with me so that my macbook won't have any major issues

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BrianSalts, Sep 5, 2006.

1. BrianSalts macrumors regular

I ordered a black macbook with 1 gb ram today, with a 2gb black nano (going to sell that at cost, tell me if you're interested), and office 2004 off the apple canada store.

I hope it won't have any of the problems I've been hearing since its release.

Wish me luck.

2. mox358 macrumors 6502

mox358

Only if you wish me luck too! Just got mine about 10 minutes ago. Updating all the software and getting my system setup right now! So far so good!

3. manosaurus macrumors 6502

manosaurus

Well, I had 3 MB's and unfortunately each one of them was a lemon. I am notebookless at the moment. On the other hand, a few friends have MB's and they haven't had any problems yet. They didn't as much customization and heavy work as I did though - not that those activities should render one's machine into an unusable POS.

I really think that I was just unlucky.

In reality you probably have like less than a 1% chance of getting a bad MB so don't even worry about it.

4. BrianSalts thread starter macrumors regular

oh and is 1 gig ram enough? i'm a business student so i only need to use office and the internets and maybe install windows.

5. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

6. mopppish macrumors 6502

That's one of the most melodramatic thread titles I've ever seen...

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Why? You don't think the Almighty has time to make sure BrianSalts' MB is pristine. Perhaps he's too busy trying to figure out who to back in next month's Baseball World Series....

B

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Which internets? If it's the Mac internet you'll be fine with 1GB but if you want to use the Windows internet you might be better off with more. Your Mac has to translate the entire Windows internet in Rosetta which takes time so you might want to put 1.5GB or 2GB to allow the Windows internet to be translated faster. This all depends on the size of your pipe too so get as big a pipe as you can and try not to clog it.

9. After G macrumors 68000

After G

He's Almighty; he has time. :p ;)

While we're at praying, pray me up some lottery winnings so I can get an MB too. :D :cool:

10. JMies419 macrumors 6502

I'm praying for you, because when I finally order my macbook or macbook pro (decision has not been made yet :eek: ) I hope you will do the same for me! haha.. Good luck!

11. BrianSalts thread starter macrumors regular

wait wat do you mean windows and mac internet?

i have a cable internet connection so it is quite fast.

12. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It's a joke Joyce. You didn't actually believe there were two different forms of the internet did you?

13. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

May your Fed Ex driver be blessed with gentle hands and fast feet! :cool:

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the worker who made your MacBook if it be cursed by problems.

15. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

If any such worker proves so unworthy, may he suffer the putrid festering boils of a pox on humanity for such indignation and breach of trust.