Please read! Logic 'System Overload'.

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Joko, Mar 26, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Jan 30, 2008
    Please can all who are experiencing 'system overload' messages and freezes on Logic 8 report their complaints to Apple, it's the fastest way we can get a fix for it! There is clearly a problem with Logic when 8 core 3.2Ghz Mac Pro's are 'system overloading' with less than 5 audio tracks! Thanks.
  2. macrumors newbie

Apr 6, 2008
  3. macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    In fairness to the OP, it does actually look like it's an issue with Logic + 8 core MacPros, and not simply being mis-used by the user.

I would report it if I had an 8-core MP...
  4. macrumors regular

Feb 9, 2008
    I would report it if I was getting system overload messages. I'm not, so far. *crosses fingers*
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 30, 2008
    Thanks for the replies. Will looks at the video now. I have had significantly less overloads since posting this thread! haha. Anyway a quick buffer setting normally fixes the problem. And for now audio is recrding at 44100 to save power. Although i shouldnt need to conserve much power with a 2.6 4GB ram machine but as long as the work gets done and sounds good, i'm happy!
  6. macrumors member

Aug 28, 2007
    I get overload errors quite regularly now (only been a recent thing... and often im only playing 1 track of audio when it happens).

It didnt start happening until I updated to Logic 8.1 or whatever the last update was, so I'm assuming that this is the culprit (and I think I might roll it back to the original install when I get a chance).