Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aubreyk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Hi,

I want to get an external keyboard for my macbook air, however I'm not willing to spend $70 on a apple bluetooth keyboard.

there are so many bluetooth keyboard out there and I don't know which one works perfectly with my macbook air (2011 model)

My requirements are:
-thin and stylish
-wireless or bluetooth
-under $40

I don't care if the keyboard has a windows key, as long as most keys can be mapped and no lag problem it's fine :)

p.s. there are quite a lot of knock off on ebay ie. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mini-Bluetoo...ccessories&hash=item2ebec0612a#ht_3477wt_1397

not sure if it's compatible with macbook air or not...

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I once found an Apple bluetooth keyboard on eBay for $35. It took a lot of searching, but I snagged it as soon as I saw it. The same seller also had a magic mouse for $35 so I bought that as well. I'd suggest keep looking and you may get lucky like I did.

As for the keyboard you linked, since it uses bluetooth it should be compatible with your MBA. However that's assuming the keyboard works as it should. I scanned the first page of 200 reviews of this seller, and none of them bought this keyboard. But maybe on another page someone left feedback for it. Based on the other feedback and the high rating it seems like people are satisfied with the seller's products.

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
Cheap keyboards are annoying. Spend the $40 and get an Apple one. Or another good, name brand one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.