Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
I want to scan small things to sell at eBay such as Badges, stickers, small point of purchase, food wrappers, bottle caps, etc, etc, Compatible with Mac OS Yosemite, El Capitan and Windows 7, 8 and 10.

Please keep in mind that I do not live in the United States, I live in Mexico and some store here does not have the same product, but I can always buy the item at eBay :)

Not All in one hardware :p

A Long time ago I asked in this forum for a recommendation about an External Blu-ray Drive and I bought it

Thanks
Camelia

Last edited:

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
For ebay sized images an iphone or other cellphone camera should be more than sufficient for those images. Get a piece of glass from a picture framing shop that's been treated to minimize glare if you need to hold stuff like wrappers down flat.

Otherwise something like a basic Canoscan LIDE200 should do the job if you must have a flatbed. I've used its predecessor in the past, but these days I just lay papers flat and take a picture with my phone.

Reactions: camelia

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I second using a camera, either from a phone or dedicated camera.

For me, when buying on eBay, I like to see a picture of the item. Scanned images may look like a stock photo which could raise red flags for cautious buyers.

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
In a little world of my own
Camera (phone or dedicated digital). Way better option than scanner. And if you do need a scanner (for documents etc), then often cheapest option is in a multi-function printer. I have an Epson Workforce 845 and it works fine as a wireless scanner (flatbed and ADF)

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Hello,

Now I design websites!!!

Please Recommend a Flatbed Scanner, Not very expensive, Big Sur compatible

If you have a good recommendations, could you please share the link from https://www.amazon.com/
Just to give an idea about the model and price $$$

Not All in one hardware

Please keep in mind that I do not live in the United States, I live in Mexico and some store here does not have the same product, but I can always buy a similar item in Mexico

Thanks
Camelia

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.