Please recommend a game to old Myst fan

Discussion in 'Games' started by yoak, Nov 5, 2006.

1. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

Hi.
    I never really play games, but I did play most of t he Myst series and loved it.
    I never really been able to play games an my previous Mac (ibook), but now I got a 24" iMac and would like to take it for a spin.
    Any games you think I will enjoy?

PS I don´t have the time to play WoW

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

If you're willing to boot into Windows you should consider finishing off the Myst series (VI: Revelation and V: End of Ages). I also hear Uru is good.

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I've also played all the Myst games (some of them 3 or 4 times). It is kind of hard to find any other game quite like Myst, so you have to branch out a little bit. The only game I've found to be able to fill the void isn't even really a game, but MS Flight Simulator is amazing. I know not everyone is into flying, but if you are patient and take all the flight training, it is one of the most addicting computer games out there. They also just came out with a brand new version in the last month. It's really intense graphics and I'm not sure even the new 24" iMac could handle it with everything turned all the way to maximum, but it would look good on such a big screen.

It does take awhile to learn though, so beware. I've been flying with Flight Simulator since around 1988. Because I played it so much, when I had the opportunity to fly a few years back with an instructor for about half an hour, I did really well. Needed help with take-off and landing though. Those are the hardest moments.

It's actually even older than Windows. I believe they made the first one around 1977. It's gotten much better since.

As far as mac games go, I also have the same iBook you do so I haven't played any. I only know of windows games.