Please recommend a high quality collage maker

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Acamerainjapan, Aug 4, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Acamerainjapan

Hello,

I would like to make a poster size collage (maybe about 1m X 1m). I would like to know some good software for the mac that could handle this. Preferably something simple, as I am not really wanting to jump into Photoshop for something like this. Basically I just want something that won't destroy the quality when it creates the final collage as I want to enlarge the collage to a poster size print.

Thank you very much,

J

2. macrumors demi-god

firedept

Pixelmator, only $14.99 in App Store. Should do the job for you. Does a lot of the things PS does, just cheaper.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Acamerainjapan

OK, thanks a lot. I'll check it out.

4. macrumors demi-god

Cheese&Apple

Pixelmator...definitely!

I just did a collage of travel shots for a poster print and Pixelmator made the job a breeze. Just drag and drop the shots onto a blank canvas and use the alignment guides to line them up perfectly...you can even add text if you want.

Highly recommended.

5. macrumors 6502a

Lightroom will do it just great in the print module.

6. macrumors 68000

I don't know if Pages can handle this, but I prefer InDesign for it: not a Photo program but a layout program. You can arange everything with low res thumbs, then when it's finished, you export the full resolution thing. Making an A0 poster at 300 dpi with many layers in a photo program will deliver headaches.

7. macrumors G3

Apple fanboy

8. macrumors demi-god

glenthompson

I tried a program called CollageIt for making a single collage I wanted. Free version has some limitations but not enough to mess me up.

----------

I tried a program called CollageIt for making a single collage I wanted. Free version has some limitations but not enough to mess me up. Pro version is $20 and adds a few features including up to 12k x 12k pixels. Free is only 2k image.

9. macrumors regular

I watched a few of the tutorial videos for the app and it looks amazing. Stuff that would take me 15 minutes in Photoshop would take me 5 minutes in this app. Definitely going to check it out and see how it works! Maybe I'll make a collage too.. once I figure the app out.

10. Guest

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but I love blogstomp! Its very easy to use! I save alot of time with it. www.blogstomponline.com

11. macrumors newbie

College

CollegIt pro works great and will go at least to 24 x 36. Nice thing is you can turn pictures move front to back etc. Put in your own backrounds, round the corners, resize each and every image. Bad thing, no rulers or picture sizes. Got mine for $10 at the app store.