please recommend me a camera

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by derajfast, Jan 18, 2006.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

ok im in the market for a new camera since i absolutely despise my old one (casio exilim z3) id like to keep it a little compact (fit in my pocket), but if i cant its not the end of the world, and under 500 is good

requirements

MUST have burst mode
    good picture quality
    sub 500 dollars
    good battery life
    preferably over 3x optical zoom
    and good night shot quality

THANKS!!

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

a lot of ppl are you going to send you recommendation with this post, checking out there recommendation on http://www.dpreview.com/ would be wise.

3. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Probably a little out of date, but I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P93, and I love it.

-5.1MP
    -640x480 video w/sound
    -Burst mode
    -Awesome LCD [Pretty high res.]
    -3X optical zoom
    -Claims 410 shots/ 210 min. on a single charge.
    -And of course, great picture quality.
    -Uses 2xAA Batteries BUT it came with 2xNiMh batteries & charger. And I love the fact that it uses standard batteries, rather than a proprietary Li batt. since I could just go to any thrift store and buy some If I absolutely needed to.

** I bought it for about 280 USD quite a while ago. I'm very satisfied. I think there's a 7MP version out now...

4. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

Attached Files:

5. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

Sub $500.. you can get a Minolta DiMage Z2, Z3, or Z4 for that price. Has every possible feature you could ask for. It's nearly a SLR camera... but its not. Its still a point+Shoot camera. Turns on and ready to take a shot in like 1/2 a second. Check up on that type of camera. I was going to purchase myself one, but I ended up buying a Kodak C340 for size convience.

If size doesn't matter...then get the Minolta... they are awesome.