Please Reply...[iPod questions]

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Eazkk123, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Eazkk123, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

Eazkk123 macrumors member

I want to purchase a new Ipod (80gb black) and a iPod Hi-Fi but i am not sure if apple is getting ready to launch a new line of iPods around March with the release of Leopard, also the iPod Hi-Fi has not been updated in a while. In iPod accessories, on the top right they used to advertise the iPod Hi-Fi but now it's the logitech audio station express.

What do you think?! Help please i don't want to waste away a couple of $100s

Eazkk123

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

3. Eazkk123 thread starter macrumors member

what about the ipod hi-fi?

4. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Personally, I don't think that even if they do release an iPod soonish, it probably won't be much better than their current offering. I think the new stuff will be pumped into the iPhone, the iPod may be forced into a backseat technologically wise. Hi-Fi? no idea i'm afraid.

5. matthew24 macrumors 6502

matthew24

I do own the current gen. iPod and feel that as a music player this is as good as it gets, that means I am not really interrested in something new. Maybe a bigger display (video part) with the next gen. (2 to 3 months), but again, I don't care.

6. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

though I hope it's not so, I don't think we'll see a new iPod anytime soon - not until after the release of the iPhone. If they released the full screen iPod with touch sensitive controls like I know we're all craving, it would only hurt iPhone sales - I don't think Apple will cripple this new venture they've taken on.

7. Frisco, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011

Frisco macrumors 68020

There was a front page thread about it back in December. Here

8. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

IMO ALtec Lansing iM7. the tube one, is so much better. And it's more portable as in you don't have an iPod sticking out the top all the time. It's also got more outputs and inputs than the HiFi

9. Eazkk123 thread starter macrumors member

ok but i want the apple ipod hi-fi so is there any news of it coming out because they have not updated in years.

10. nbs2, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011

nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Hmm. I thought it only came out last year. Anyway, I don't see how the tech would change THAT much and still retain a similar price. As with all things in life - do the current iPod/Hi-Fi meet your needs? If you believe that your needs are greater, then wait. If not, then buy whenever yuo feel ready.

Remember, never let your possessions define who your are - you define your possessions.

PS - changing the thread title might engender more replies.

11. Eazkk123, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

Eazkk123 thread starter macrumors member

so ultimately i should not wait till March time when leopard is released, because they won't be updating the ipod line cause of the iPhone.

Eazkk123

12. BigPrince macrumors 68020

there are other companies that compete with the HIFI. Look at there products and price and features then compare.