Please share your perspectives on these logos

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by the-hen, May 15, 2006.

1. the-hen macrumors newbie

the-hen

Hi all,
    I'm working on redesigning / designing a logo for a client who has something basic going already. I don't what to try developing any symbols or icons yet, but want to stay withing the same layout structure as what he had started with. Also, I haven't really explored colours yet, but will need to consider colours suitable for the web environment.

The first one is his original layout, the others are some of my (all very similar) ideas.

Attached Files:

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The original is the best with the tightly-set Impact (although inconsistently set) but that strap will be illegible at smaller sizes, in print and on the web. This is where the main problem lies.

Work in black (no grey/halftones) on white first. Get that right and then introduce colour.

3. Queso macrumors G4

The coupling of the r and i makes it much harder to see the company name in those typefaces. In some fonts it will work, but I'm not sure whether the ones you've chosen are right. E is the best of the examples you've created.

Stay completely away from the font in example C (is it Black Wolf?). Not only is it really difficult to read, but it's going to use a lot of ink compared to the others.

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I question why the i is a different color than the rest of the letters. It would make sense if the name of the company was "ancorits" and the "it" were colored differently, but the single different color letter doesn't really make much sense. It *could* stand for "information," but if it does, then where is the "technologies?"

Of the logos you've done, I like D and E the best, but I don't think it's significantly better than the original logo. I also agree with BV in saying that the problem is going to be the line of type below "ancoris." Time would be best spent finding a solution to this problem.

5. the-hen thread starter macrumors newbie

the-hen

thanks all... it helps getting the feedback... I'm going to get more detail from the client (we hadn't yet discussed anything w.r.t. the logo) before continuing. I don't think I was heading in the right direction with these roughs...