Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nutter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
London, England
I've just finished my first short film, called Follies. You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYz5MC4o_w

I'm a music student. The purpose of this film was to compose something visual to go with an existing piece of classical music, rather than (as usually happens) the other way around.

The piece is by François Couperin. Considering that it's a baroque piece, the score contains amazingly vivid titles, which are presented unchanged (except for their translation from French) in the film.

I'm very proud of the recording, which was made specially for the film by an exceptional Pianist and a good friend of mine.

Let me know what you think!

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Nutter said:
I've just finished my first short film, called Follies. You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYz5MC4o_w

I'm a music student. The purpose of this film was to compose something visual to go with an existing piece of classical music, rather than (as usually happens) the other way around.

The piece is by François Couperin. Considering that it's a baroque piece, the score contains amazingly vivid titles, which are presented unchanged (except for their translation from French) in the film.

I'm very proud of the recording, which was made specially for the film by an exceptional Pianist and a good friend of mine.

Let me know what you think!

Some really awesome shots there, honestly i really enjoyed that. I mean we've all seen time lapse, but the shots you had composed really enhanced what can be a very cliched and overused effect.

Really enjoyed it, thank you for posting.

Rich.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Good stuff. Music and image alignment is one of my favorite aspects of filmmaking.

And i hate to point this out, but.... Isn't the word spelled "Lillies" and not "Lilies"?

Nutter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
London, England
pdpfilms said:
And i hate to point this out, but.... Isn't the word spelled "Lillies" and not "Lilies"?

No, it's definitely "lilies"! Don't scare me...! I too thought it was "lillies", until I looked it up.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. And well deduced, Danksi, about the London Eye. Good place for a cheap crane shot, although they don't let you take tripods on. My knees were hurting for days after that... :eek:

Nutter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
London, England
Hahaha!

I wish. I hate DV.

Need a new computer first. I edited that on a 667MHz G4 PowerBook, which is not a pleasant experience, I can tell you. Especially when you start adding motion blur...

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Nutter said:
Hahaha!

I wish. I hate DV.

Need a new computer first. I edited that on a 667MHz G4 PowerBook, which is not a pleasant experience, I can tell you. Especially when you start adding motion blur...
i would think that it took a long time to export that to a Quicktime Movie

really good work there - so whats your next project ???

L

Lau

Good stuff. That bit on the Docklands - I love that journey, it always feels like being in a futuristic city. :)

Nutter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
London, England
Yes, I really like Docklands too. The view of Canary Wharf from Greenwich (where I study) is really nice at night.

It's funny how many people compulsively shout out "DLR!" when they see that bit.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
Well done! Thoroughly enjoyed :). Interesting and inventive concepts also.

Keep up the good work! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.