Please tell me....

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGary, Sep 17, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I read the story treatment. It will be a tear jerker.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I saw a trailer on The Incredibles DVD -- it looked only partly rendered. Wasn't that impressed... but the script is all, so it remains to be seen how good it is.

However, there's a market for it and tons of opportunities for merchandising -- which is virtually all that seems to matter.

Maybe one for DVD rental...

4. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Yea, its going to be released. We've known this for more than a year. But apparently it takes about 5 years to make them.

I think it might be ok...

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

My initial reaction is the same, but we'll have to wait and see. Going by the previews I had no desire to see Finding Nemo, but I ended up renting it and liking it. If it's another "underdog sports movie" though it's gonna be hard not to make it bad, IMO.

Lethal

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Of course they are. Didn't you know that NASCAR is now the #1 sport in the US?

Although, as a Southerner, I hope they don't employ the stereotype of "Southerners are rednecks and hicks"... the tow truck character seems to fall squarely into that, unfortunately.

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

It was initially scheduled for release in November as per the trailer that was shown in theaters with The Incredibles, so it must be very close to done. Lasseter talks about the inspiration for it some and there is a longer more finished preview on the Toy Story 10th Anniversary DVD.

The Steve is on record saying that he wanted to push it back to a summer release due to the theme, which doesn't really fit a winter release, even though this means the have to delay their next picture by one year from the release of Cars (unless of course they re-up with Disney).

By the way, that next movie is reportedly about a rat living in a French restaurant. :eek: I kid you not. I think Cars has more potential ;).

I think the movie has potential similar to Toy Story, presuming they got it right as they did with both of those. It all comes down to story, and to a lesser extent casting.

So far, I would rate the Pixar movies in this order:

Toy Story 2
    The Incredibles (I like it more than the kids do)
    Finding Nemo
    Toy Story
    Monsters Inc.
    A Bug's Life

IMHO all except Bugs Life deserve 5 stars, Bug's Life is a solid 4 star affair.

B
    (OK so I have young kids. Sosumi.)

8. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Toy Story 1 + 2 are excellent!

Are they making a third?

Cars looks as if it's aimed primarily at children (where as Toy Story and the Incredibles are more of a all round family film).

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

CEO at Pixar is sooooooooooooo dumb, good thing we have Steve Jobs running Apple so a crap idea like that never happens in apple. If Jobs ran Pixar he would NEVER let that happen ;) :D

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Word on the Street is that Disney is making Toy Story 3 without Pixar, as is their right under the contract. http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/16/film.toy.story/ :(

Hope it'll be better than the typical direct to video Disney sequel of late.

Of course this could change if the Steve and Disney come to some agreement to team up again as is the rumor.

See http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435761 for updated info.

B

11. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I don't know, this might work. It is a "To Wong Foo" for the NASCAR family.

Sounds like a great month for movies in November. Rent is out on the 23rd! :)

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Cool! I thought that the trailer was awesome funny and action packed. I'm sure that it will be another Pixar success.

13. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

I can't wait until the partnership with Disney is over. Then maybe Pixar could make a movie that is in no way cartoonish, and looks completely real. So good that it keeps Dreamworks from even trying. Both of the Shreks where terrible in my view.

14. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I can smell the Happy meals already.

15. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I'd love it if Pixar would tackle a good science fiction story, but make it in the same vein as Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

For example, Neuromancer would be AWESOME, especially if they enlisted William Gibson to fully describe the world of the novel.

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Or Final Fantasy(VII): Advent Children, but I guess they can't do that much violence in a film. ;)

Oh what am I talking about.....I haven't seen it yet. :(