Please vote if you have an Intel Mac.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Erasmus, Feb 21, 2007.

?

Are you happy with your Intel Mac?

1. Long time member. Happy with Core Duo Mac

100 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. Long time member. Unhappy with Core Duo Mac

6 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Long time member. Happy with Core 2 Duo Mac

94 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Long time member. Unhappy with Core 2 Duo Mac

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Just joined. Unhappy with Core Duo Mac

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  6. Just joined. Unhappy with Core 2 Duo Mac

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. Just joined. Happy with Intel Mac

65 vote(s)
    20.5%
  8. Interested in Poll, nothing else applies to me

46 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Please don't be put off by the complexity of this poll. I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible, and for that to happen, as many people as possible need to vote. If a specific group of people don't vote, this poll is completely useless, so please, please, please vote.

OK, there have been a few threads like this in the past, but they have usually failed because of the vast majority of people who come to this site hoping to get help fixing their new macs. This poll is particularly aimed at Macbooks, Macbook Pros and iMacs. Mac Minis don't use Core 2 Duo, and Mac Pros use Xeon chips, and so don't really apply. This poll is only about Intel Macs, so please no G4s or G5s.

For this reason I am hoping this somewhat complicated poll will allow people to choose what accurately describes them, to hopefully get an accurate poll of the reliability of Intel Macs, hopefully to make people who have problems with their computers that they are in the minority, and to ensure that people who are afraid of getting a dud computer that it is extremely unlikely.

So, on to the poll.

The first four answers are directed at people who have been an active member of Mac Rumours since before they bought an Intel Mac. This part should display the most accurate results. If you joined MR after buying an Intel Mac, I beg of you to not vote here, but in the next section.

- 1) I am happy with my Revision A, Core Duo (Yonah) Mac
    - 2) I am unhappy with my Revision A, Core Duo (Yonah) Mac
    - 3) I am happy with my Revision B, Core 2 Duo (Merom) Mac
    - 4) I am unhappy with my Revision B, Core 2 Duo (Merom) Mac

The next three answers are for all those people who joined Mac Rumours after buying an Intel Mac. This should provide some interesting results.

- 5) I joined MR to get help for my Revision A, Core Duo (Yonah) Mac
    - 6) I joined MR to get help for my Revision B, Core 2 Duo (Merom) Mac
    - 7) I joined MR because I just bought an Intel Mac which I am happy with.

And then the last one, for everyone else.

- 8) I intend to buy an Intel Mac soon, and am interested in the results of this poll, or for whatever reason none of the other options applies to me.

Thank you very, very much to everyone who votes on this poll, and I hope the results are as accurate as they can be. Posting is good, too, because the longer this poll is on the front page, the more accurate the results will be! (Must resist temptation to bump thread! :) Although with a bit of luck I won't have to fight the urge ;-) )

(Prays to any higher powers that may or may not exist that this poll doesn't flop)

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I bought a Rev A MacBook Pro two weeks before the Rev B came out and couldn't be happier, the only thing I would want is more RAM, but that's impossible without breaking the bank and every other bank nearby.

So my answer is 1) I am happy with my Revision A, Core Duo (Yonah) Mac.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

- 3) I am happy with my Revision B, Core 2 Duo (Merom) Mac

4. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

yet another 'are you happy with your mac' poll *yawn*

5. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Don't be like that. I'm trying to do it properly.

Poll's up. Vote away!

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

8 As soon as I have the money I will buy one.

7. buffalo macrumors 65816

That's my answer. Except for a few annoying flaws, I am happy with my C2D MacBook

8. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Overall i'm happy with it. However there still are not enough universal binary programs available. Photoshop and After Effects are a serious pain to work with as well as the fact that Avid still doesnt support the intel machines. I wish I could have waited to buy but didnt have a choice. My rosetta crashed the othr day and i had to do a clean reformat. In conclusion, awesome computer just not ready for the professional world.

9. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

i love my c2d mbp, although if i am honest, it is no way as reliable as my g4 powerbook. In a month of ownership of my mbp, i have had to hard reboot it around four times, i have done the same only once with my powerbook, which is nearly two years old (and on that occasion it was because i had downloaded some software that osx had trouble with!)

10. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Although I can't vote twice in this poll, I can honestly answer both #1 for my iMac Core Duo and #3 for my MacBook C2D. I'm very happy with both of them.

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I voted as happy for my C2D MB, and I'm also happy with my CD iMac, but I am not happy with my CD MBP.

12. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Really happy with me Core duo macbook, some problems but nothing i couldnt fix. :)

13. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

1) I am happy with my Revision A, Core Duo (Yonah) Mac

I'm happy with my CD macbook, but it's not perfect (like my iMac G5).

14. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well then why would you leave Xeons out. This doesn't make any sense for the many of us with Mac Pros, and thus deems this another badly-made poll that doesn't mean anything.

15. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

better than the 'my new mac sucks' threads.

:)

16. MacSyn macrumors regular

I was not happy with CD MBP, so I sold it 3 months later. Now I couldn't be happier with this C2D MBP.

17. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Happy with CD Macbook, unhappy with CD Macbook Pro, C2D Macbook Pro leaves some to be desired but still happy.

18. SRSound macrumors 6502

Umm i have a mac pro but its not on your list

19. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

I'm sorry, but I'm not really interested in what people think of their Mac Pro. This poll is supposed to assure people that the vast, vast majority of Apple's consumer grade computers do not have major flaws.

Most of the "My Mac Sux" threads are about the Macbook, Macbook Pro or iMac. Very few are about the Mac Pro or Mac Mini. If you love your Mac Pro, that's well and good, post about it. It seems to me there are very few reliability and quality control issues with the Mac Pro.

This thread is for people who are wondering whether Apple's quality control is crap, and whether it would be better to just go and buy a cheaper Dell instead. I should think most people aren't going to just decide they are going to dump Windows and go buy a 10K AU$ Mac Pro with screen on a whim. I should think that the vast number of Mac Pro buyers already have experience with OSX.

Then there's the fact that if I added more options, the poll would be insanely complex, as the innards of the Mac Pro are completely different to the rest of Apple's lineup, which are all very similar. So maybe if you are interested in, or think lots of other people would be interesed in a poll about the reliability of Mac Pros, you should make one. I'm not and I don't, so I haven't.

PS. If you don't own a Macbook, Macbook Pro or iMac, then you won't be affecting the results of the poll anyway, so the accuracy of the poll is retained for what it includes.

20. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

What if I'm not exactly "happy" just "meh"? I could do without the flickering screen and discoloration on my Macbook. If those two problems weren't there, then I would probably be happy.

21. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well then the thread title should be "Vote on your satisfaction of your Core Duo or Core 2 Duo Mac."

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Not to be a pain in the butt here but why no poll for "still using PPC"

23. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Probably because the OP only wanted to show that Apple's quality wasn't bad or wasn't good and they don't sell any PPC computers (besides refurbished) anymore.

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

But if you want an accurate poll you should list everything.