Please write Apple about iSync Devices

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Toe, May 31, 2005.

1. Toe macrumors 65816

Mar 25, 2002
    If you're looking for something to do, try visiting Apple's iSync Feedback page and telling Apple what you think of their list of iSync-compatible devices.

For example, have a look at the phones offered by T-Mobile. At this writing, there are approximately 0.00 phones that match that Apple iSync list.

And really noticeably absent from Apple's list... ANY phones from Samsung, LG, Sharp, BenQ, Kyocera, and so on...

Has Apple not noticed that people like to use mobile phones these days?
  2. enoch macrumors member

Mar 13, 2005
    My god, who knew that the American mobile phones market was so UGLY? Those T-mobile phones are so bad that you would'nt even be able to get mugged for them.

Anyway, it's obvious that Apple hates phones, and the guy who runs iSync development is taking a sabatical learning how to milk llama's. What else could explain Apple's crapness with iSync?
  3. dav macrumors 6502

Jun 29, 2004
    Glad I snagged a decent phone while it was still available through TMo...

Now just waiting for some K600 lovin' on eBay :rolleyes:
  4. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 25, 2002
    I was about to buy a T610 from Amazon, even though it's an ancient phone, simply because it was the only reasonable, bluetooth, Mac-compatible phone I could find for t-mo. And then Amazon went and ran out of them. It's still in their catalog, but unavailable.

How utterly annoying.

Please write Apple. ;)
  5. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    I have a Treo with a camera, which I like to use for putting into my address book, but supposedly, yanking the pictures is a "non Mac" feature.

I have to get an SD card and an external reader. :rolleyes:

Word to the wise: read the iSync and manufacturers info very carefully before saying yes and buying. ;)
  6. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 25, 2002
    OMG, that is horrible! I never bothered to look at the UK T-Mobile Phones. That selection humiliates their U.S. offerings.

How can it be that disparate? The Moto V3 is only available in the U.S. from Cingular, and only in silver. T-Mo US doesn't carry any Sony Ericsson products anymore, while UK seems to have the latest and greatest.

What the heck is the deal? Just because the U.S. has a backwards tower infrastructure means we have to buy crappy phones? :mad: