Pleaseee Help Me With Powerpoint!!! Asapppp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zipper1022, Jan 9, 2007.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY/ Boston, MA

I am trying to finish my portoflio so i can send out my college application tommorow. I have finished the presentation and it looks great BUT, i have quicktime moves in the slide show, and when i go to other computers THEY DONT PLAYYYY
    how do i get it to work????
    i need the slideshow to be self contained but still play the movies, also, it says that it has serious compatibility errors with windows computers...
    im freaking out, someone please help me!
  2. winterdude010 macrumors regular

Feb 24, 2006
    New York
    In order for the movies to play, you have to move the movie files to the other computer with the PowerPoint.

And for compatibililty, just try to fix everything it says will not work on a Windows.
  3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Nov 11, 2004
    As well Windows version of PPT will not support certain version of media files that the Mac version does. .mov I think it one of them.
  4. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY/ Boston, MA
    i tried to save it as a power poiont package but it doesnt f ing work, im frewaking out, i need this to work before tommorow, the people tha are going to view it will have the latest version of power point and be able to play the .mov files, they might be using a pc, but i doubt it. if i put evyerhtign int eh same folder i think itll work

i dont know,
    im losing it
    ahhhhh i think im gonna cry...
  5. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    oh, my, try convert ur video into avi, or mpg (if they are not already so), and go find a windows pc, and insert the video into powerpoint on that machine.