1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Plex - Apple TV 2 (ui)

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 5piN, Jan 3, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I'm thinking about getting an Apple TV and jailbreaking, but wanted to know does the Plex plug-in allow you to delete content on the machine hosting the Plex server from within the Apple TV ui?

After watching something i don't intend to keep i like to delete straight away as by the time I'm back on my hosting PC i often end up forgetting!

2. macrumors newbie

No unfortunately you can't delete anything from within the ATV Plex client. This is often a requested feature. Whether or not they implement it in a future beta release is anyone's guess. I doubt it though since the idea is all file changes should be handled on the server itself

3. macrumors member

Shame! ... any idea if XBMC has this functionality seeing as its a little bit more than a plug-in?

4. macrumors newbie

hmm I'm not too sure about that one.This XBMC thread seems to suggest so. I tried the XBMC media centre but the PLEX interface is superior IMO. XBMC has been around a lot longer though (PLEX is based on it) so you can do a lot more with it.

5. macrumors newbie

Why you can't delete anything from the Apple TV !

The reason why we can't delete anything from the Apple TV UI, is because the new generation of Apple TV's, don't have a internal storage.:apple:

6. macrumors 6502a

That has nothing to do with the OP's question, the OP's wants to know if the ATV2 Plex client can delete content from the Plex server which is located on a seperate computer, and so has nothing to do with the internal storage of the ATV2.