Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
In case you hadn't heard...:)

Wait-is-Over-9-101.jpg

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
Me too, and my new drobo shows up today, so hopefully only have to rescan my library once.

Now if i just knew when the drives for it were showing up, stupid amazon/compusa for not giving me a tracking number, and a week long time frame on the delivery.

soup4you2

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
I have been looking forward to this for some time now, i'm also hoping this is what truly separates it from XMBC..

Plex 9 looks like it will be an amazing release..

The wait is going to drive me nuts, since i'll give it a month or two before updating since we solely rely on Plex for our TV/Media content. These days i dont see the need to pay for cable tv.

jmor

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
NJ, USA
Hopefully they accept and approve the app quickly AND they release "iTV" or whatever with an app store and let plex come to that as well, exciting all around none the less. :D

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
its awesome! the new media manager takes its sweet ass time to scan in all of your shows and movies though. taken about 1 hour 1/2 so far and still nothing shows up in plex. app looks good too.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
So I bought Air Video like 2 weeks ago and this comes out?

Got it. Installed it. Now waiting the 50 minutes for Plex to download before I can use it.

So excited :D

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
does this work on the current AppleTV?

i updated Boxee to the beta, and it's really disappointing... so much so, it can't even see my SMB network share anymore and their support is rubbish :(

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
does this work on the current AppleTV?

i updated Boxee to the beta, and it's really disappointing... so much so, it can't even see my SMB network share anymore and their support is rubbish :(

I doubt it. They stopped supporting the :apple:TV a long time ago, before version 8 iirc.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
So I bought Air Video like 2 weeks ago and this comes out?

Got it. Installed it. Now waiting the 50 minutes for Plex to download before I can use it.

So excited :D

Then you have to wait for it to rebuild your library.

It finished my movies already and is moving to TV shows. It only got 1 movie wrong out of 175 so not too bad. The old Plex got a fair amount more wrong for me.

It just got into TV Shows and it picked up Battlestar Galactica properly. Old plex used to pick up the original series for me.

I also had some movies that would crash Plex 8 but not Quicktime/VLC. I played one that I knew consistently crashed during the opening and it didn't crash so that's very nice.

The media manager is AWESOME.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Then you have to wait for it to rebuild your library.

It finished my movies already and is moving to TV shows. It only got 1 movie wrong out of 175 so not too bad. The old Plex got a fair amount more wrong for me.

It just got into TV Shows and it picked up Battlestar Galactica properly. Old plex used to pick up the original series for me.

I also had some movies that would crash Plex 8 but not Quicktime/VLC. I played one that I knew consistently crashed during the opening and it didn't crash so that's very nice.

The media manager is AWESOME.

Well, scanning is underway :D It's up to D in movies. Hurrry!

Yeah, it would mess up Castle (tv) for me, that was annoying.

Finally, an app that makes use of the CoreAnimation floating rearrangement when you resize the window.

Looking forward to seeing how it handles BR rips too.

Also, the app isn't retina is it? Plus the pictures are really low res.

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
Just got a new iMac & I wanna media app to use in bed! Is it worth giving boxee, xbmc & plex a go? anf pick the best?

Or should I just go straight for plex?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.