Pls. advise on wsiwyg html editor, & publishing tools

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development (archive)' started by kangal, Oct 26, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2003
    Hi all,
    I just got Back to Mac after 7 exhausting years with several PCs. I've got a G5, loving it, but there is a big learning curve for me.

My personal web site has a lot of articles and a fair amount of photos. I used Netscape Composer, mostly, and an FTP application that Earthlink had provided me to manage my files. It needs a lot of work and updating...

I was hoping that my new G5 would have some freebie software included to let me do some web site tweaking, but if it's here, I am not seeing it.

What do you recommend? I prefer a WSYWYG editor that allows me to edit the code when I need to. And I need something to upload files with--simple and easy would be good.

Your help appreciated!

2. macrumors 65816

Nov 9, 2002
    East Bay, CA
    Try Dreamweaver. It's pretty solid. If you want to go for straight code, look at BBEdit.

3. macrumors 6502a

Jun 6, 2003
    second that. do a search on this topic in the forums and you'll find a lot of threads about HTML editors/dreamweaver/etc. here's a recent one:

in a nutshell: dreamweaver does a very nice job of writing code for you, but also lets you get under the hood and do everything from minor tweaks to major hand-coding. it also has a built-in ftp manager, although that part isn't as full-featured as fetch or fugu, for instance. but good enough to upload pages & files, if that's all you're doing.
  4. macrumors 68040

Feb 26, 2003
    around the world
    Re: Pls. advise on wsiwyg html editor, & publishing tools

you can use Mozilla Composer which should be similar to the Netscape one. There is a OS X version