Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I am going to plug an HP printer into a an Airport Extreme or Airport Express so I can print over the network. Is there someway that I could also plug a scanner into the Extreme or Express so that I can scan an image without the scanner being plugged into a Mac/PC?

Thanks.

jahala

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
I believe it varies from printer to printer, but I have an Epson all-in-one and can use the scanner when I connect via ethernet to my switch. I can scan to any of my Macs without any problem or physical connection.

matspekkie

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2010
scanning airport

I am going to plug an HP printer into a an Airport Extreme or Airport Express so I can print over the network. Is there someway that I could also plug a scanner into the Extreme or Express so that I can scan an image without the scanner being plugged into a Mac/PC?
Thanks.

This won't work if you connect usb to Airport. Only printing usb to airport is supported. Scanning this way is not possible at all. You can do this with multifunctionals that can scan over network or AirPrint models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.