plugin for aduim

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by captainbeefheat, Mar 18, 2006.

1. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

I have been searching for a plugin for aduim which is like gaims guifications plugin, or most IM programs have one that gives you a visual notfication with the persons handel on it. Even though aduim is the best ever IM I have come accross and I;ve tired them all it annoyes me that all I get is a sound that someone has come online, i wana know who so I know if it's someone I want to talk to at that time or not. :) Anyway surly there is one, or I'm being stupid and can't see an option to turn it on even though I've used it for a while now!

Also out of interest I assume aduim is a ported version of gaim or something like that, I have seen a few warning messages that say 'gaim could not blah blah'.

2. hikingnclimbing macrumors member

hikingnclimbing

Not that I'm aware of

I've never seen the kind of notification that you are talking about in Adium. I've looked through adiumxtras.com and couldn't find anything there other than the sound notification. If I knew how to make it for you, I would. If I come across anything that comes close then I'll let you know.

As for the Adium/Gaim connection, you would be right. Adium is the Mac-version of Gaim. I was originally a Gaim user until I made the switch to Mac back in January. At first I was heartbroken at the prospect of losing Gaim, but Adium came to the rescue. :)

3. TheT macrumors 6502

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

do you just want the name to appear in the dock over the Adium icon? thats simple enough to turn on....

5. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers dude, seems to work!

thanks for the thought

yes I used to use gaim when I was mostly using windoze at home, nice neat app, very mac like i think really!

6. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers dude, seems to work!

thanks for the thought

yes I used to use gaim when I was mostly using windoze at home, nice neat app, very mac like i think really!

7. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

ooooooh ok think i won't be using that again, seems to have done something to my sleep mode, whenever i close the lid on my ibook it doesn't seem to go into sleep can't see the flashing light but when i open it the screen in blank, so i turn it off by the button and on again and the same thing. I remove growl and do a permission repair thing and all is well. Strange

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well if you open adium preferences, go to alerts, and edit the buddy sign in to show name, the name will flash in the dock when they log in.

9. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

sorry not sure were u mean, i don't see a alerts tab

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

oops i meant Events, from there you can edit the contact signs on info, and add in what sound you want played and other types of notification.

11. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

cheers got it now