Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silentthunder77

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
So, I kinda desperately need a laptop, i currently have an HP that is about four years old, and the keyboard has finally clunked out, and it's imperative that I have a working computer for school within this next week. I've been looking at classifieds in my area and makin some calls, but I'd much rather get a new lappy for $350 or so, so I don't have to deal with an old battery that runs out in minutes. Is this possible anywhere? Any information about websites or stores that are offering low prices would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, i have an iMac that i normally use, but i just need a laptop for bringing to the hospital with me.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
i doubt there's a mac laptop that'l fit your needs, try a :eek: *gasp* dell or gateway or something, they usually have dirt cheap laptops.

silentthunder77

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
thanks for all the responses, much appreaciated. sorry i didn't specify in my original post, but all i'm looking for is something that'll run word and have sufficient battery life to run for a couple hours, whether it be a pc or mac. if i found a good deal i'd buy an additional battery, but i'm hoping to stay away from that as much as possible.

-tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.