PM G4 Question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Mike Teezie, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Hi everybody. The FedEx guy just dropped off my shiny Powermac DP G4.

I don't have my Apple display yet, all I have is a 15" LCD that I was going to use until my display makes it here. The problem is, there is no VGA port on the back of the machine. There is the port for the Apple display, then something else.

I can't use my new machine, and its killing me! I have a few PCs laying around, could I rip a graphics card out of one of them and throw in the PM until the Display makes it here?

This is so frustrating, the booklet shows a VGA port on the graphics card.

Any ideas?

2. Riot_Mac macrumors regular

you have to use the coverter thing that came with your mac. its a white small cord with connectors on each end. sorry i dont know the name and specifics about it. check in the box that the PM can in i bet it is in there! mine came with one:)

3. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

you need to get a DVI to VGA adapter, which probably should have been included with the machine if you bought it new from Apple. That should be the case whether you got the ATi Radeon 9000 or the NVidia GeForce 4. If that's the case, you should be able to pick up the phone to Apple and request it, citing your order #.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...H1aQa8kkU/1.0.7.1.0.5.25.1.2.19.3.1.1.0?59,12 - should be the computer you bought - correct? look under "graphics support" and in the copy block, it states that it comes with the adapter regardless of the card ordered.

Hope that helps - take a good look in your packing materials and see if there's a little white block somewhere with a VGA out port on one side and a DVI port in on the other - there may be a cable between one end and the other.

and btw - welcome to MR - nice to see someone else from LA around here. :D