PM G5 freezing upon quitting Call Of Duty

Discussion in 'Games' started by lactoso, Sep 9, 2004.

1. lactoso macrumors newbie

Howdy all. I have a relatively new PowerMac 2.0 G5 running Panther OS X 10.3.5 and am having a problem when I quit the multi-player version of Call Of Duty. Everything is kosher until I actually click on the Yes button in the "Quit <Yes> <No>" window. Then time stops. Mouse stops responding, screen freezes up. The keyboard 'seems' to work insofar as the caps lock key turns the little caps lock key on and off, but the computer doesn't respond to any key commands either. The only recourse is a hard shutdown via the power button on the G5 itself. :-( Now I'm no expert, but that can't be a good thing...

Any idears?

Much obliged,
    Lactoso the intolerant

2. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I don't know what is causing it, but have you tried force quit by pressing ctr+apple+esc ? I know call of duty will quit using that normally, so perhaps instead of using the quit button, just force quit the game. Oh and you could check around for any patches too, that might help.

3. lactoso thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm, that's just crazy enough to work! Wow, great idea. Thanks. I really don't care what's causing it as long as there's a work-around.

Thanks again,
    Lactoso

4. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

I actually have the same problem with War3 every so often when I try to quit... I just use Force Quit and it fixes my problem :)