Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddeadserious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Plymouth, MI
Have a Powermac G4, dual 500MHz, 2GB RAM, has a USB 2.0 card in one of the PCI(or whatever) slots.

Bought an iPhone 4.

Realized I needed to be running Leopard, so installed Leopard and updated, etc.

Now, I plug the iPhone in, iPhoto recognizes it as a camera, but iTunes is not responding.

Any ideas?

raysfan81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
Didn't make a difference, nice thought though.

Any other ideas?

I think I remember hearing something about iTunes 10 needing a 1ghz+ processor but I couldn't tell you for sure. Does iTunes actually open on your computer and just not recognize the iPhone or does it not open at all?

EDIT: Found it but I don't know if its right

Now, on the Apple side of things, machines that are capable of running Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard include all machines with processors that are faster than 867MHz, though iTunes requires at least a 1GHz processor and iPhone 4 requires a USB 2.0 connection.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20008845-233.html

ddeadserious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Plymouth, MI
iTunes 10 does open, it just doesn't mount the iPhone. Obviously, the USB 2.0 capability is not on the motherboard, but with the PCI card that I added. I'm thinking that the issue is related to that.

raysfan81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
iTunes 10 does open, it just doesn't mount the iPhone. Obviously, the USB 2.0 capability is not on the motherboard, but with the PCI card that I added. I'm thinking that the issue is related to that.

Have you checked in system profiler to see that it actually recognizes that you have a USB card in the PCI slot?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.