Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Pocket, a popular iOS app that allows users to save, discover, and recommend stories to read later, has been updated this week with the ability to like and repost recommendations from other people they follow.

Pocket-Likes-Reposts.jpg

The new Like and Repost actions can be found next to the Save action within the Recommendations feed on Pocket version 6.3.0 or later.

Pocket users can find out when someone Likes or Reposts their own recommendations by way of push notifications, which can be customized through the Settings app.

The update also contains additional bug fixes and improvements, including a fix for an issue with the "Alex" voice speaking too slowly when listening to articles.

Pocket is free on the App Store [Direct Link] for iPhone and iPad.

Article Link: 'Pocket' for iOS Updated With Like and Repost Actions in Recommended Feed

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
I really wish developers would stop trying to turn every app into a social media platform. Pocket was nice before they added the Recommendations feed, now it's just getting bloated with unnecessary garbage and wasting my mobile data allotment. I liked it when it did one thing, saving URL's, but I've deleted the app and abandoned its service. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care less what others like or dislike.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.