Pocket PC for a Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chuchichan2524, Jan 15, 2006.

1. chuchichan2524 macrumors regular

Will a Pocket PC (i.e. iPaq or Dell Axim) work well with a Mac? Will it sync easily with iCal, the address book, etc?

I'm debating between a Palm and a Pocket PC.

Thanks.

2. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

i don't think so... i'm pretty sure it relies on ActiveSync for that kind of thing and it's Windows only, but you could try something like PocketMac - makes your Windows PPC look like a mac too! :)

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

PocketMac and Missing Sync are both ongoing train wrecks. Get a Palm.

4. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I agree with iMeowbot. Palms have pretty good looking interfaces/operating systems. Much better than pocket pcs.

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Including Windows Mobile? ;)

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I hate Palm's Mac syncing software. Causes my computer to boot up slower and still looks like an os9 app. I barely use my Palm anymore because of it.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I had a friend with his Bluetooth PocketPC. I could send files over to it and that's about it. And that's only using the default Bluetooth utilities. Calendars might be another thing.

8. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

It depends what you are going to use your Pocket PC for, really. If you're using it for wifi browsing and taking a few quick notes, when do you really need to sync anyway?

If you're constantly syncing to keep e-mail and stuff updated, I guess a palm is better for you.

I mean once I put the apps and stuff on my pocket pc, I haven't needed to sync it again yet...I use e-mail on it through gmail over wifi.