pocket-sized microphone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nbs2, Dec 7, 2004.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I'm hoping somebody can help me find what I'm looking for - of course, it may not even exist.

I use Word 2004's audionotes feature in class occasionally, but when I listen to the notes, the clicking of the keys can be heard coming through the internal mic. This is why I am looking for a portable microphone.

What I'm looking for is a small microphone (about the size of the dongle you get with wireless travel mice or for bluetooth) that will plug into the mic port on my pb. IF I must, I'd be happy to get a USB microphone of that size. Of course, all this is followed by the caveat that being affordable is always good.

If anybody has any ideas, let me know. If somebody has a used one one that they would sell for real cheap, that may be even better. I don't plan on needing it so much until Feb or so, but the sooner the better.

2. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

I think I found one, but...

I hope this link works, but I found one here . My only question is what on earth they mean when they say require a "computer that supplies a bias voltage of between 1.5 and 10 Volts DC at the microphone input jack." :confused:

I'm lost, confused, and tired. :(