Pocket Tanks!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by evoluzione, Apr 10, 2003.

1. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    Oh I'm so happy!!! Just looking through Apple's Download page for 10.2.5 when see this !

So i just downloaded it and played it, and it's just as I hoped, same principle as one of my favourite games I had on my old Amiga1200, I believe it was simply called "Tanx". This one, although shareware, is awesome, different weapons etc. Basically a "Tanx II".

This is what gaming is all about!!! :D

Now, one of my other favourite games from my Amiga days was a li'l public domain (possibly shareware) game called "Bip", short for BiPlane. Anyone remember these two games?

~loads up Pocket Tank again~

2. howard macrumors 68020

howard

man i LOVE THIS GAME i used to play it as scorched earth on my pc a while ago. cool!

3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

this game is tha bomb.... and with the nuke add on weapons... i can destroy me opponents:p

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

good game. but after 20 minutes of playing it, i got tired of it. will probably go back to it sometime though.... ha

5. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Excellent in small amounts. Play it a bit one day and come back to it another and it will be fun again.

6. saint macrumors regular

Yeah I have wasted many hours on it already.

Still can't figure out what the "tracer" does though.

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

look at where the things land.... it tells you how many degrees it lands away from the other tank... ie, if one lands at +3 degrees... then adjust by 3 degrees down and you'll hit the tank (or at least it's something like that... i kinda forget. ha)

8. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

my friend and i play this game all the time. we have so much fun competing but wish we had the money to upgrade to pro....oh well. maybe someday. great game though i dont play it by myself.

another good game but only for the right type of person is gltron, also found on the downloads section. meant mainly for one person but based off of tron as some of you may remember. the movie?

9. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

I wish it was more like scorched earth though with more tanks and you could buy the weapons you wanted with money you won by destroying other tanks

10. howard macrumors 68020

howard

yeah i did enjoy the buying part of the weapons system in scorched earth...it allowed for longer playtime...with this game you feel like quiting after one game because you don't necesarily win or lose anything

11. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

ya I was so excited when I saw this game on the apple DL page and then when I played it, well.........Like ya said one game and I was ready to move on

12. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Cool find. :) I used to play scorched earth so this game is fun. But I missed some of the features. (Like wrap around sides and pinging sides. Still fun! Thanks for the heads up!