PocketMac and MissingSync with MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Markmat, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Markmat macrumors newbie

I'm using PocketMac Lite to try and sync my MacBook with my Orange M2000 (Blue Angel/PDA2K/XDAIIs etc.).

I've downloaded the latest version for Intel Macs and it still doesn't work. I've only ever managed to sync it once via Bluetooth after much trial and error, and I've never managed to repeat this success.

With the new version I should be able to sync via USB but it refuses to work. I've now discovered that the PocketMac Device Locator app claims that it has successfully detected my device when it's not even connected to the Mac :rolleyes: . When I do plug it in I only ever get an error saying that too many devices are connected.

I did suspect that this might be a problem related to my specific PDA, but now that I've found this other problem I don't see how it can be. I'm thinking of trying MissingSync, but since they don't have a trial version I'm worried that I'll have exactly the same problems.

Has anyone had any success using either app on a Macbook?

thanks
    Mark

2. Markmat thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone offer any advice on this please?

thanks
    Mark

3. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

I use MissingSync. I was hesitant about shelling out for it as well, considering there's no trial version. But I took the plunge and haven't regretted it. It works perfectly, doing exactly what the developer claims.

Whether it will for you depends whether the problems you've had with PocketMac are something unique to your machine. Assuming you don't have a separate, unique problem, you'll be happy with MissingSync.

4. AussieSusan macrumors member

I've given up on PacketMac

Mark,

I bought PacketMac some months ago on the understanding that the USB problem would be fixed "very shortly" (I think that was the quote from their web site!). I finally managed to download the latest version that worked with USB, but I had two major problems with it:

1) it only connected the first time after a reboot of my Macbook Pro - after that it simply refued to connect. I really don't want to keep rebooting my Mac eash time I need to connect my PDA

2) When it was connected, appointments were 1 hour out on the PDA (we were *NOT* in daylight saving at that time).

Worst of all, I reported both of these 'bugs' to the the makers and I have heard *NOTHING*.

Basically I have given up and certainly would not recommend this product to anyone.

Susan