Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KWPinkGirl

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2006
S. Florida
I am very new to the MAC world. I am planning on buying a PDA/Smartphone within the next month. I've been reading and doing research on the type of applications that are used with the PDA/Smartphones. I'm a little clueless as to which one I should purchase. I'm trying to decide between Cingular and Verizon Wireless.

I have a Mac Mini (without the Intel Due Core chip) and a Dell Inspiron 5100 Laptop. I have and had been using a Sony Clie' PEG-TJ25/U to sync all my contacts & calendar with my laptop. Unfortunately, at this time, it does not sync with my MAC Mini, I never purchased the "Missing Sync" application to do so. I'm not interested syncing the email, word, excel features with the PDA/Smartphones, I just want to have all my contacts & calendar in one place.

Can someone point me in the right direction about syncing? I want to be able to sync with my laptop using Microsoft Outlook and sync with my MAC Mini using Entourage, with a new PDA/Smartphone....:confused:

Can someone help me with this confusion? Thanks...:)

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Hey. I currently use a Motorola Q on Verizon with the Missing Sync on my MacBook and it works perfectly for synchronizing my iCal and Address Book. Previously, I used a Cingular 8125, and it too synchronized very well with the Missing Sync.

Alternatively, you could go for a Treo 700p on Verizon ($299 with 2 year contract) or the Treo 650 on Cingular; the Palm devices natively support the Mac OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.