PocketPC connecting..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dagless, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I know of Missing Sync, but really im after something free... is there a decent linking app or drivers to get my Toshiba E310 talking properly with Tiger? Just Im trying to fall back in love with my PPC only its hard when you can link it to your main computer :(

2. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I've just been looking at one of those Palm LifeDrive machines... might have to get one of those! sell my Toshiba and fund one of those.
    just that I always wanted a PocketPC when i was at secondary school, but when i got one, even when i was using PC's i still found i rarely used it :(

but the LifeDrive sounds incredible. 4Gb, wi-fi, bluetooth... all i need really.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Same case here. I wanted one badly, so I bought a top of the line Dell (400MHz intel xscale cpu) Axim X5 handheld. But, after having it for a while I stopped using it all the time- now it just occupies space in my bedroom.

***Not the case for my Power Mac G5 :D ***

4. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

There is no free option. I used to pay for Pocket Mac, but I found that using Active Sync with Virual PC is a better though much costlier solution.

5. JoeKarame macrumors regular

JoeKarame

The Lifedrive does seem to synch very well with the Mac, and going for a Palm was the better option recommended by a fair few people I talked to about it. It looks great too - I'm not so keen on the actual look of the Palm OS compared to Windows Mobile, but quite honestly, it makes little difference, as it has a great web-browser, fantastic portability, and loads of space to store stuff on. I can now show off my pictures of New York to people without lugging around my laptop!

(Although, being an iBook it's not particularly big, but the Lifedrive is just that bit more portable!).

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Sorry, nope

Really no free solution that I have ever come across.

Missing Sync (or whatever it's called) isn't all the pricey, is it?