PocketPC PDAs and Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacCoaster, Jul 13, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502a

MacCoaster

Washington, DC / Rochester, NY / Lexington, NC
    Anyone here have any experience with using PocketPC PDAs/Cell phones with Mac OS X?

I'm seriously thinking about buying a HP H5555 PocketPC (just because it's freaking awesome--has biometric security, 802.11b, and BT built in, with room left for GPS!) and I can develop my .NET mobile apps for it as well and also considering buying a PowerBook whenever they announce the updated versions. I want to be able to have it work wih my Windows XP workstation along with the PowerBook just fine. Can I do this. I've heard of third party tools, but what are they?

Anyone think I can also get a T68i and sync it with the PocketPC THEN sync the T68i with iSync. Is that a better solution?

Thanks in advance!

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacCoaster

Washington, DC / Rochester, NY / Lexington, NC
    Replying to myself. :p

I found PocketMac for only $70. However, many people think it's a rip off.

An upcoming software from Markspace called "The Missing Sync" for Pocket PC seems promising.

Apple's Virtual PC page says it can sync with Pocket PC, but it only works with Windows in Virtual PC, of course, instead of Mac OS X.

That's all I can find. Comments?

3. macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

I think you've stumped the whole board!

I was looking forward to seeing what people had to say on this one, since I'm <crossed fingers> about to resolve a long-running conflict with Verizon Wireless Chicago and New York </crossed fingers> after which I'll be back in wireless mode.