Podcast annoying non-update exclamation mark

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sotied, Feb 10, 2006.

1. sotied macrumors regular

Every so often when I go to update my podcasts, I find one that has the little exclamation mark in a circle next to the name.

Then, when I click on it, I get the message
    'you haven't updated this in a while so iTunes was ignoring it' or something similar.

How do I let iTunes know that I WANT those updated every time.

iTunes 6.02
    OS X 10.39
    iBook 1.27MHz
    1.25 GB Ram

Thanks,

Jeff

2. sotied thread starter macrumors regular

The message in the box details

The message says - because I just got it

iTunes has stopped updating this podcast because you haven't listened to any episodes recently. Do you want to continue (getting/receiving/downloading) this podcast?

The thing is, I just download the 'casts and put them on my iPod. Then when I'm done, I manually delete from the list and load up new ones. This is because I listen to the podcasts while I'm going to bed and sometimes I fall asleep.

THEN, if I did an auto update, they would all disappear and I wouldn't have heard them. So, it's convoluted, but it's my way.

SO, do you know of a way to gently convince iTunes to keep recording the things I put in the list?

Thanks,

Jeff

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The automatic disable feature is seriously annoying. I understand why they do it, but sheesh.

If the shows you are listening to are all real podcasts with RSS feeds, you might prefer to use something like Juice to manage your feeds. This is how everyone did it before Apple rolled in an integrated client.

The one catch with using a real podcast receiver is that a some "podcasts" aren't really podcasts at all, and are only available through iTunes. That would basically be stuff produced by Apple and the iTunes U content.

4. Dreamkatcha macrumors regular

Dreamkatcha

Shocking news just in; not everyone uses an iPod or listens to podcasts through iTunes!

Just thought I'd add my sarcasm in the hope that the issue might get noticed by someone with the power to remove this stupid 'feature' from iTunes or at least give us the option to disable it.