Podcast/Audiobooks files iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JRohan, Sep 17, 2005.

1. JRohan macrumors newbie

I have some audiobooks in some files on my machine(winxp). When I add those files to iTunes I want them to be grouped with the audiobooks I bought from iTunes. But I don't know how to go about doing this.

In case you don't understand what I mean here is another example using podcasts.

When I got my iPod about two months ago, I discovered a few podcasts that I like to listen to (TWIT, KFI's tech guy..) after listening to all the episodes offered with the subcribed cast I realized that twit only started at episode 8. I found that I could get the other episodes from bittorrent so I did. when I imported them into my library they where treated as songs and not podcasts so I couldn't see them under the podcast menu and I couldn't have them taken off after I listened to them.

so is there a way I could add audiobooks and podcasts to the special groupings manualy?

Jon

http://turing.cs.westga.edu/~stu20714/

2. homesicksooner macrumors newbie

3. homesicksooner macrumors newbie

same problem

I've had the same problem with audiobooks I have on CD. I can't get them to appear in the audiobook file on my ipod. I searched and can't seem to find information on how to do it manually.

4. dmetzcher macrumors regular

What about changing the genre to "audiobook" or "spoken word"?