Podcast Updates Not Working

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Lindy, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Lindy macrumors newbie

Hi, everyone -

I apologize in advance if I'm duplicating a thread with this. I did a quick search and didn't find anything about my problem, and since I'm more interested in solving it than reading a lot of posts right now, I'm just gonna be a bit impatient. Hope you'll be easy on me. :)

I'm currently subscribed to several podcasts and have received updates to them over RSS feeds since last year. Around January 1st, the links went dead. I'm no longer getting the updates, and when I go to the Podcasts window in iTunes, I get exclamation points whenever I click on "Get."

I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to my podcasts, and I know I couldn't have mistyped all the URLs.

I'm on OS 10.3.9 and using iTunes 6.0.2 (23)

Any ideas about what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Lindy

2. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS O GREAT LINDY.. ;)

the servers for those specific podcasts are probably down.. unless somebody knows something i do not. :cool:

3. mannix87 macrumors 6502

i'm not sure what's wrong with your iTunes but I do know that a lot of podcasters (starting this year or late last year) changed formats from mp3s to enhanced AACs or plain AAcs for their feeds but your iTunes should be able to conform w/ the change/s seamlessly. maybe you have to check /recheck your podcast preferences in your iTunes.

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

If the links are to iTMS version of the feeds (*.phobos.apple.com addresses), you'll have to see if the same addresses work for anyone else.

If you have the original non-Apple RSS feeds, you can try opening them with another RSS reader. Tiger's Safari is convenient for this. This will quickly tell you if the feed still exists and if it is still being updated.

Also, in iTunes, if you click on the exclamation point, it will tell you why the feed is not being updated. One iTunes habit is to stop downloading a podcast if you haven't listened to it in a few days.