podcasting menu in ipod with dock connector?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sir42, Jun 28, 2005.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

I just downloaded and installed the iPod updatter for my iPod with dock connector.

However, I can't seem to find that flashy new podcasting menu anywhere on my iPod. On the image on the Apple website it shows up under the "Music" menu.

Is the podcast menu only available on the newer color iPods? In which case, that's a bummer.

Although it seems like I can now put the Shuffle function right in the main menu.

thanks!

2. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

If you have the older iPod with dock connector (a wheel and four separate buttons instead of just the click wheel), the firmware hasn't been updated with a special podcast section like the newer models have.

4. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

That would explain it!

Do you think they will offer that as a menu item in older iPods like mine or will they reserve that feature only for the newer iPods?

5. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Wait for the next iPod updater. That might have Podcast support for all models, (except shuffle), and us photo owners might get tetris and 3d slide transitions.

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

It's possible that it will turn up later. A few weeks after the 4th generation iPods appeared, the older ones were updated to get the Shuffle Songs feature on the main menu.

7. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Yes, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just one of those little perks of owning one of the latest range. Apple will catch up on the others, but the 4G was their priority, they sell those so want them to have full support, the others can wait for a bit longer as they don't need to "sell" them anymore.