Podcasts appearing on Frontrow but not in iTunes?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sebf, Dec 29, 2006.

1. sebf macrumors member

I have been getting a wired problem lately where some Podcasts that I have subscribed with iTunes appear under Movies on Frontrow, but not on iTunes itself (e.g. not in Music, Movies, TV Show or Podcasts) .

The only way I have managed to track down these rogue Podcasts in iTunes is by making a smart playlist to include all Movies, TV Shows and Music Videos.

The problem there is that I can't remove them because you can't delete items that are in smart playlists. I have managed to track down the actual files and remove them manually but they still appear on Frontrow and show up a dud files on the smartlist with no way of deleting them.

Has any one else had this problem, if so how do you go about removing dud files that can only be found on smart playlists?

Thanks for any help!

2. mpshay macrumors 6502

did you ever solve this? I now 2 podcasts in front row that are no where to be found in itunes

edit
    actually i also created a smart playlist consisting of all podcasts and they show up in that list, but have an eclamation point saying the file cannot be located. How do i delete them?

3. ninjutation macrumors newbie

Use "Super Remove Dead Tracks" from Dougs Apple Scripts page (google it).