Podcasts Expiring

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nsheikh80, Mar 10, 2007.

1. nsheikh80 macrumors regular

nsheikh80

There is one feature that really iritates me in iTunes and that is when iTunes decides that it should stop downloading certain podcasts just because I haven't watched/listened to them in the last few days. I cannot find a way to turn this "feature" off. Can anyone please help? Even if it is just an Applescript that I can run. Thanks.

2. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

I would also appreciate some help in this matter. The expiring podcasts are annoying and defy the whole purpose of podcast management. There should be a way to toggle this feature, at the very least.

EDIT: There is a script which is said to do the job: http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts02.php?page=1#quickconvert

I have not tried it, but might some time. Although one should not have to resort to third party stuff to attain basic functionality...

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Click on the podcasts to mark them used. You don't have to listen to them. Why do you want podcasts you don't listen to? The bandwidth costs other people money.

4. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

I want the latest podcasts because I want to have them ready when I want to listen to them. The same as for a newspaper subscription: even if I had not read several issues, I still want to receive a fresh one every day. Athough you are right, this would be extra load on people hosting the podcasts... Oh well, I guess it is an OK compromise then.