Podcasts not auto deleting from iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reubs, Oct 5, 2006.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

Jun 22, 2006
    I have my iTunes set up to check for new podcasts every hour (b/c ESPN updates seem so random), to download the most recent episcode, and to keep all unplayed episodes.

Well, when I plug in my iPod to update it iTunes still keeps unplayed episodes in the playlist. This is annoying b/c I don't like them hanging around and cluttering up my library.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug or what? Thanks for any info.
  2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Maybe beacause you are telling it to keep UNplayed stuff...what you need to do is tell it is to keep the most recent episode and it will dump everything besides the one.

3. milo macrumors 604

Sep 23, 2003
    It sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to.

Did you mean it keeps played podcasts?
  4. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Jun 22, 2006
    Yeah, it keeps podcasts that have been played from my ipod. When I sync up they are labeled as unplayed but stay in my library. I don't want to get rid of unplayed ones b/c I don't get to listen to them everyday.

Maybe I just can't get it to do what I'd like it to do b/c it won't do that...thanks anyway everyone.
  5. abbottpc.com macrumors member

Apr 25, 2005
    I had problems with this too. Make sure you select the option to to auto delete. You can check by right clicking on the podcast. Also try and refresh the podcast and see if that works.
  6. milo macrumors 604

Sep 23, 2003
    If after syncing with the iPod, the play count doesn't go up, something is wrong with your iPod. I'd reset the ipod software and reload your audio content.