Podcasts-One episode then back to menu!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sweener88, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Ok i have a podcast called mactips daily but i havnt herd it in about 7 weekds (away in army traning). now i like 40+ episodes to listen to but after one episode finishs it goes right back to the main menu, i put on repeat to all but that still doesnt help, anyway to play each podcast episode without stopping?

2. calculus Guest

calculus

Have you tried making a playlist containing all of the ones you want to listen to?

3. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

no, i figured it would treat podcasts liek it does music under artists and just play each song/episode back to back, it seem a hastle to have to always create a playlist for the episodes doesnt it? lol maybe im just lazy :D

4. calculus Guest

calculus

I think it treats each podcast as if it were a seperate album.

Why not make a smart playlist to play the ones you've not listened to before.

5. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

kk thanks alot for the quick response! i am currently using bootcamp so i was just wondering if there was a way to do this on the iPod untill i get back to teh comfort for OS X lol, thanks for the help!

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

7. calculus Guest

calculus

To do it on your ipod make an on-the-go playlist

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

FWIW. It looks like they have changed the behaviour of podcasts in playlists in firmware rev 1.2. I have a Smart Playlist of the NYT most e-mailed stories podcast which is only ~ 1 minute long and it now plays one episode and stops instead of playing the rest of the episodes in the playlist, just as if I had played it from the podcast directory. :(

B